Genshin Impact’s developers continue to expand Teyvat by adding characters, new areas and exciting stories one at a time. Version 2.7 is almost here, but there’s plenty to look forward to in the Version 2.8 update. It will be available around the summertime.
You can see this collection of leaked content, which is expected to be released in the next update. Remember: Leaks should be taken with a grain, and changes between the beta server’s actual release and the beta server aren’t uncommon..
- 1 Genshin Impact 2.x Release Date
- 2 Leaks
- 2.1 Neue Character
- 2.2 Banners with Characters
- 2.3 Neue Weapon
- 2.4 New Major Quests
- 2.5 New UI
- 2.6 New Events
Genshin Impact 2.x Release Date
HoYoverse confirmed that Genshin Impact’s Version 2.8 update is scheduled for July 13, 2022. For more information on when you can expect future updates, see the below roadmap. Keep in mind, however, that Version 2.8’s release date and any future updates are based solely on the game’s six week update period.
- Version Update 2.7—Scheduled for May 31, 2022, and will run until July 12, 2022.
- Version Update 2.8—Scheduled for July 13, 2022, and will run until Aug. 24, 2022.
- Version Update 3.0—Scheduled for Aug. 25, 2022, and will run until Oct. 6, 2022.
HoYoverse has officially confirmed Shikanoin Heizou as the character. He will be a four star Anemo catalyst user and have a unique, martial arts-inspired playstyle. Heizou will use his fists to control his weapon and bring a new combat style to DPS and Support roles. Refer to our guide Heizou’s Skills, Talents, Ascension materials, and morePrepare for the Tenryou Commission’s best detective to be released.
Banners with Characters
Early leaks suggest that the Version 2.8 featured banners may feature the following characters. Please note that this information could change at any moment.
- The First Phase—Kaedehara Kazuha (five-star Anemo sword) and Shikanoin Heizou (four-star Anemo catalyst)
- Second Phase—Yoimiya (five-star Pyro bow) and Klee (five-star Pyro catalyst) with concurrent banners
Related: Genshin Impact Yelan Farming Guide
Below is the expected new weapon to appear in Version 2.8. This information is not final and has not been confirmed.
This is a Sword
- This leaked sword is a free four star sword. It gets its name after you have completed Kazuha’s Story Quest. Although it can’t be refined, you can ascended to alter its appearance.
- Attack: 42 to 510
- Substat: Attack (9 to 41.3%)
- Passive: If a Normal, Charged or Plunging Attack hits an enemy, it whips up a Hewing Gale that deals AoE damage equal to 180% of Attack and increases Attack by 15% every eight seconds. This effect is only activated once every 8 seconds.
New Major Quests
That’s what Leakers have found out. Kaedehara KazuhaHe will finally receive his first Story Quest in version 2.8, Acer Palmatum Chapter : Act 1. It will probably be connected to his free four-star weapon.
The Story Quest is expected to be available immediately after the update goes live. This may be because it could be required for the Golden Apple Archipelago Event. This rumor is not confirmed but it’s worth checking out Inazuma Archon, Story Quests and other games to get ready for Kazuha. Additionally, Shikanoin HeizouVersion 2.8 will also feature a Hangout event.
- An option of 45 FPS may be added to PC players.
- It is possible for players to remove and reinstall previous quest resources. This will free up storage space.
Golden Apple Archipelago Rerun: Summertime Odyssey
The Golden Apple Archipelago is leaking to make a rerun of Version 2.8. Alice may have been remodeling the Twinning Isle, where a castle-like structure appeared. This fairytale-themed event could feature characters such as Oz, Kaedehara Kazuha and Xinyan. Others suggestive leaks Nahida’s possible identity.
Players also saw buildings that were inspired by Monstadt’s architecture at the Golden Apple Archipelago. However, leakers have yet to reveal their significance in the event story.
- Castle on the Twinning Isle—its interior is alleged to be explorable.
- Island Remodeling—a new puzzle type may require players to rearrange islands.
- Free four-star Fischl skin—redeemable with 16 Phantasmal Conches.
- Free Fischl—redeemable with 2,400 Iridescent Floatsam (event currency).
- Cutscenes—leaked cutscene names include Fischl’s fantasy, Mona’s divination, and Xinyan’s performance.
- Domain—Mona’s apartment and DomainThey are expected to attend this event. Xinyan and Kazuha may also have Domains that relate to their backstories.
- Boat racing challenges—navigate through obstacle courses with the help of the trusty Waverider.
Rumours suggest that this could be a co-opEvent that requires you to complete challenges in the Golden Apple Archipelago. There are many challenges:
- Escort a floating platform.
- Waveriders Race Team
- Glide from the sky to the sea
These challenges can require players to overcome additional challenges like collecting coins or defeating enemy.
This event will take place in the Golden Apple Archipelago. It is similar to the Echoing Tales from the Archipelago’s first run. In order to receive rewards, players will need to collect Iridescent Floatsam. It can be found in the Phantom Realm challenges, according to the leaked description.
Evermotion Mechanical Painting
A character named Félix Yogue, possibly from Fontaine, needs the Traveler’s help to restore an Evermotion Mechanical Painting. It is a puzzle involving six gears. Players will need to place gears in the right positions so that the remaining parts can move.
The Dawn Winery is the location for this event, which will see players engage in a series of dungeon fights. Diluc will be the focus of the event’s story. He may also receive a five-star skin that is thematically related to the event. Leaked footage suggests that the skin might include new skill effects.
Five-star skins have historically been not offered for free. Interested players will need to collect 1,350 Genesis Crystals in order to obtain the skin at a reduced rate during the event.
While you’re waiting for Version 2.8, don’t forget about the currently-running event. Take a look at our Genshin Impact Perilous Trail Realms of Guile and War event guideTo help you out.