Fortnite’s Shockwave Grenade, Epic version of the Impulse Grenade, is now available. This guide will help you learn how to use the Shockwave Grenade, its workings, where it can be found, and what tips to follow.
The Shockwave Grenade, which is the next item in the Rift-to-Go series, is the second. Epic seems to be trying out many different ways to jump around the map. Although it is not reliable for long distance travel, this can still be used for aggressive plays or to cause havoc in extremely stressful situations.
These are different than your regular Impulse Grenade. First, they can launch you or your enemy much farther than the original. Although this is obvious, there are two additional things that make these incredibly special. The first is that anyone who is hit with the grenade does not suffer fall damage. This is the same thing as hitting a bouncer. These can be used to break through walls and other structures. This is a great way to make aggressive plays and potentially get high ground from someone.
How-to Use & How the Shockwave Grenade Works
You can use the same targeting system as every other grenade in the game. If you press the fire button while you have one of these items equipped, you will see how far it can be thrown. This will launch you straight up if you throw it at the ground below. Moving forward and timing a jump will propel you forward. You will not be hurt if you are being moved by one of these. If you do not touch anything or bump into something, your immunity will be null.
If you launch yourself and hit walls, floors or ramps, or roofs, you’ll break through them.
Where can I find the Shockwave Grenade?
The Shockwave Grenade is available in Supply Drops as well as Vending Machines, Llamas and chests. You won’t find them as floor loot.
These are an Epic rarity and drop in stacks up to 2. If you’re lucky enough, you might be able to get 6 at once.
Shockwave Grenade Tip
- Breaking through to the highest ground is one of the best things you can do. This can be a surprise to people who are expecting you to hold the highest ground against your. Get up and break through their walls.
- This is also possible in existing structures, such as houses. You can surprise attack someone by jumping through a ceiling if you’re in a house.
- They can be used in the same way as the Impulse Grenade. You can make an aggressive play against a player by ramping up and throwing one of these at them while running forward and jumping. These are safer because you won’t be hurt if you land.
- You can capture an enemy who is hiding in an area using one of these and they will be forced to break through their walls. Although they won’t sustain fall damage, you may be able to exploit the fact that they are pushed into an awkward situation.
- This can be used to blast through Supply Llama. It will also triple the loot it drops. While we aren’t certain if this is a bug, take advantage while you can.