Fortnite Avengers Thanos Guide – Thanos Abilities/Powers, Will There Be Marvel Skins?July 5, 2022
Fortnite and Avengers have joined forces to create an Infinity War crossover event. You will learn everything there is about the Avengers + Fortnite event as well as all about Infinity Gauntlet.
- 1 Fortnite Infinity Gauntlet – Thanos LTM Information
- 2 Fortnite Infinity Gauntlet Thanos Tricks and Tips
Fortnite Infinity Gauntlet – Thanos LTM Information
Fortnite players should have some idea of the events. It is a LIMITED TIME mode and will probably last for a week. We’ll see. In the past, we’ve seen many different types of events like Snipers 50v50, Blitz mode, and more. Epic has the opportunity to try new ways of playing the game.
According to the exclusive post Entertainment WeeklyThis event will feature Fortnite’s standard gameplay with a big twist. You’ll be able find the Infinity Gauntlet, which contains all six Infinity Stones. It will appear on the Map. The person who finds it and equips him will transform into Thanos, and will have the power to use the gauntlet.
They discovered that the co-directors for Avengers: Infinity War were avid Fortnite fans, so they approached Epic Games’ director to brainstorm ideas on how they could work together.
“Out of the blue, I get this call from Joe. And after a bit of geeking out over each other’s work, we start brainstorming these crazy ideas,” Mustard recalled. “It was really important that whatever we did, it had to be super authentic to both Fortnite and the Avengers: Infinity War, and something that fans of both would be excited about. About an hour later, we had the bones of this awesome idea for a limited time gameplay mode, and almost immediately our team got started.”
Fortnite + Avengers Event Start Date
This limited-time mashup was first announced on May 7, 2018, and will begin tomorrow, May 8, 2018.
Are there any Marvel Avenger Skins coming to Fortnite?
Unfortunately, there are not plans for Avenger skins in Fortnite anytime soon. Epic employees answered the popular question via Reddit.
I asked rq because we don’t have plans to sell Avengers costumes in the store. – Source
Why don’t they do it? They would surely have a very good reason, as these would go down in popularity. Most likely, it will have to do with copyright or licensing.
LTM Match Information
This is straight from Epic. However, I will add any extra stuff if Epic misses anything.
- Storm + Map
- Maximum match length is approximately 15 minutes.
- The match will begin with the storm circle closing in on the island.
- Storms do more damage than usual, ticking for 5% and 10% respectively in the first circle.
- Only Rare, Epic & Legendary weapons will be spawned.
- Higher chances of treasure chests being spawned from 50-70% up to 80-90%
- Increased chance of ammo box spawning between 65-80% and 85-95%
- Floor Loot can be found almost 100% of the time.
- Probability of Launchpad Spawning greatly increased
- Harvesting resources doubled.
- The number of loot resources increased from 30-60
- Chug Jug and Port-A-Fort Boogie Bomb, Slurp Juice Bush, Remote Explosives dropped rate increased
- Regular Grenade, Shield & Bandage drop rate lowered.
- The Infinity Gauntlet will be delivered to the winner of the meteor landing in the storm-safe zone. You will hear it coming. Look up at the sky to see where it landed, and then head in that direction.
- You instantly become Thanos, and you receive 200 Shields as well as 800 HP.
- Players are dealt 12 damage by Thanos’ Laser ability.
- Thanos is not prone to fall injuries.
- Thanos can regenerate his shields after a player is eliminated by him. His health never regenerates.
- Thanos can’t build weapons, launch pads or use weapons.
- When someone is transformed into Thanos he will be shown on the compass at top of screen. The Infinity Gauntlet is also displayed when inactive. He is also displayed on the mini-map and map.
- All players can see Thanos Shields, Health, and other information at the top of their screen when Thanos is active.
- If Thanos dies, the Infinity Gauntlet is dropped and players can get it back. If it isn’t picked up within a certain time period, the Infinity Gauntlet will be lost and replaced by a meteor.
- Thanos is able to perform emotes. It’s great fun to watch him dance. Boogie Bombing is a way to attack Thanos.
- Thanos takes the same amount of damage from the storm as players.
Hotfix Update 5/8/2018
Epic decided to nerf Thanos. They posted the following hotfix information on Reddit.
We’ve just pushed a hotfix that will make the following changes to Thanos in the new Infinity Gauntlet Limited Time Mashup:
- Shield cap has been reduced from 300-200 to 200
- Max Health increased from 700 – 800
- Laser damage to players was reduced from 15 down to 12.
We’re going to continue monitoring feedback.
Have fun, and good luck!
When you grab the Infinity Gauntlet, Thanos has four powers:
- Ability 1 – A mighty punch that knocks enemies back and destroys structures.
- Ability 2 – Thanos flies towards the ground, hitting an area for knockback and damage.
- Ability 3 – Harness the energy of the Power stone to fire a blast that deals damage over time.
- Ability 4 – A super-jump that can vault Thanos over all but the largest obstructions.
Your abilities don’t seem to have a cooling down, so you can use them multiple times.
Fortnite Infinity Gauntlet Thanos Tricks and Tips
Let’s take you through the Fortnite + Avengers limited-time mode. These are some helpful tips for those who have yet to experience the Fortnite + Avengers limited time mode.
- If you want the Infinity Gauntlet, you can simply pull out your glider as soon as you get off the bus. You can glide around waiting for the meteor to fall and then move in that direction.
- Survival is the key! Get some guns and find a safe place to hide. You will be required to find a place to hide out. Do not expect too many fights if you wish to become Thanos.
- If you’re lucky enough to find one, launch pad are very important. You need to get to the Gauntlet quickly if it is located on the map. Launching is a great way to do so. Hop rocks can also be used for this purpose. Keep your Dusty Divot handy if you are able!
- If you are able to see the gauntlet you will want to dive for it. If you’re taking shots, throw walls as you run to it because the equip time can be very quick.
Fighting Thanos Tips
- Thanos is vulnerable when he jumps. Here is your chance to unleash some shots on him. This is where the assault rifle will be your best option. Due to the rarity of the mode, you should have plenty of options.
- Minigun and LMG are both good options for this purpose. They rip through his HP because he’s such an easy target.
- Thanos can cause serious damage, so aim for those headshots.
- Keep Thanos at a distance if possible. Most of his abilities require him close to his target. Even his energy beams are limited in range.
- Thanos cannot build, and can only launch himself from the top of a mountain. This is an excellent way to keep him away. You should shoot the ramp climbers behind you, especially if you’re climbing up via ramps. Be careful if the man tries to land on your face, as you may be knocked off the mountain.
- Impulse Grenades are very effective against Thanos. You can bounce yourself away from him if he tries to land on your, and push him back if his melee range is reached.
- You can build spam walls to stop a Thanos from trying to laser-blast you to your death.
- When Thanos has low HP, you’ll want to be closer so that he can be defeated and you can grab the gauntlet immediately. It’s possible to just dive for it after it drops, as the equip time is very fast.
Tips for playing as Thanos
- You need to be careful with your launch into the sky ability when you turn into Thanos. It makes you a sitting duck, and can cause you to take significant damage if there are players around you who have any kind of aim.
- You should launch behind or beneath cover if you are planning to launch. Thanos can rip through walls and any type of enclosed structure is great.
- Punching players is the best way to kill people. You are very vulnerable to gunfire from the beam.
- You can fire at enemies by using your beam ability when you launch into the air.
- To crash downwards from a launch, use the punch capability and aim at where you want. It’s not an exact science because the way you fall is in an arc.
- Eliminating players can regenerate your shields. So if you find yourself in trouble, get a quick kill!