Genshin Impact: Best Ningguang BuildJuly 5, 2022
Ningguang—Tianquan of Liyue’s Qixing, a most-savvy businessman who pulls the strings behind the nation’s massive commerce industry, a certified Mora lover, and the game’s first four-star Geo Catalyst user. The Standard and Limited Banner summons can be used to obtain the Lady of Jade Chamber, as well as the Starglitter Exchange at Paimon’s Bargains.
Don’t let her four-star status fool you. Ningguang is a formidable opponent to bosses and other Elements. She can also carry your team as a Burst or Main DPS. This is her best-in slot build, with options depending on your team’s comp.
Ningguang’s skills scale off Attack so she benefits from the higher base stats from five-star Catalysts—most of which synergizes well with her. The three listed below are her top weapons.
- Skyward Atlas (best for Burst DPS)
- Memory of Dust (great overall).
- Lost Prayer to The Sacred Winds (best used for Main DPS)
Ningguang has the best-in-slot of four-star weapons. Dodoco Tales in Refinement 5.. These runner ups are perfect for anyone who missed the Golden Apple Archipelago Event.
- Solar Pearl (best for Burst DPS).
- The Widsith (great overall).
Ningguang can use many Artifacts, but these are the best for maximizing her Damage output. Your weapon will determine which Artifact Substats are best to roll for. Prioritize increasing Crit Rate, Crit Damage and Attack stats.
To make her more resilient against tougher enemies, you should aim for at least 40% Cri Rate, 170% Crit D, and 1,700 Att to keep her alive. However, going higher is always better!
- 2-piece Archaic Petra, 2-piece Gladiator’s Finale, or Shimenawa’s Reminiscence
- Bonus: +15% Geo damage and +18% attack
- This set is excellent for Ningguang at all Constellations, but it shines even more when she uses it as a spammer of her Elemental Burst.
Best-in–Slot For Non-Burst Construction
- 4-piece Shimenawa’s Reminiscence.
- Set bonus: After casting an Elemental Skill with at least 15 Energy, gain +50% Damage for Plunge/Normal/Charged Attacks for 10 seconds. You will lose 15 energy.
- This set will give Ningguang insane amounts of damage to her Normal and Charged. Attacks. To take advantage of the set bonus you must put her on a strict rotation, otherwise she will lose Burst Damage.
Ningguang has three Talents that increase her Damage output. However, if you want to conserve resources, this priority is important:
- Main DPS: Sparkling Scatter>Starshatter>Jade Screen
- Burst DPS: Starshatter>Jade Screen>Sparkling Scatter
Battle Tips & Tricks
Ningguang can easily be used as a quickswap character, (Burst DCPS), or on the field carry (Main DCPS). Make use of Geo ResonanceIt will provide +15% shield strength, +15% damage and -20% enemy Geo resistance for characters shielded by a shield. Ningguang is Ningguang’s best support ZhongliWho can offer 100% shield uptime and Geo Resonance?
These are some tips and tricks to help improve your Ningguang gameplay
- When auto attacking, use a Normal>Normal>Charged Attack rotation for better control.
- To cancel an animation using Normal or Charged attacks, use the forward button (W to activate a PC, swipe left for mobile, and Left Stick up to activate a Playstation). You will increase your Attack Speed by doing this.
- Drop Ningguang’s Elemental Skill in battle. Next, pass through the Jade Screen and receive a 12% Geo Damage Bonus (minimum ascension 4). Finally, cast her Elemental Burst. You will be able to break the screen and also grant an additional projectile.
Take a look at our guide Farming for Diluc & Ningguang in Genshin ImpactTo help you create your next DPS-character!